Discover more about the RabunYES Organization
RabunYES provides educational services and support to local youth while in collaboration with other tax-exempt organizations based in Rabun County, GA. The organization provides facilities, adult guidance to youth, career and occupational guidance as well as specialized expertise as identified in the local community. The Corporation includes mentally and physically challenged youth in its programs wherever practical.
At times, per the discretion of the board of directors, we provide internships or volunteer opportunities for involvement in said activities and programs to have a greater impact upon youth development in the community.
Key achievements to-date:
- Chartered a Boy Scout and Cub Scout unit (B.S.A.) in Rabun County
- Arranged for temporary meeting locations for Scouts until a Youth Center can be built
- Taught a workshop to youth on topics of household finance & budgeting skills in collaboration with Rabun County Library; sample budgets/materials in both English and Spanish
- Took an active role in the Rabun County Chamber of Commerce as a new member to build alliances with other organizations
- Contributed $4,340 to Rabun youth organizations in 2019; assisted with financial support for transport of youth to camping experiences both in Georgia and to out-of-state, and assisted FoxFire with its fundraiser and all Scouting organizations with their respective fundraisers
- Built solid youth education relationships with Trout Unlimited, FoxFire, Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts
- Initiated a fundraiser to build a Youth Center in Rabun County to help all tax-exempt youth-based organization have a home and raised over $27k for the project as begun in April 2019
- Received Platinum recognition from the GuideStar reporting service for organization transparency, reporting and governance
The organization was begun in April 2016 by a core group of locally active adults interested in broadening the reach of education in the county, enhancing home-schooled children’s experiences, but also building upon the good work done by other tax-exempt organizations. It is hoped that by embracing a broader perspective on “education,” that RabunYES can influence talented youth and encourage them to remain in Rabun County after graduation.