A brief update on our activities…
- Youth Leadership Scholarship award applications for $500 to a graduating high school senior from Rabun County will be made available at the Rabun County Library (upon its re-opening). Requests for applications may also be made directly through RabunGA.Youth@gmail.com
- The Youth Center Project as announced almost one year ago has $27,000 in funds contributed since last April. A big push in funding will be made over the rest of this year in order to hit the $200,000 goal by 2022.
- $150 donation was given to Cub Pack 6 and a second $150 was provided to BSA Troop 19 to pay for their supplies used in winter fundraising efforts.
- We continued using AmazonSmile with a link to assisting both Scouting organizations. Contact Lisa Broz (email@example.com) to sign up for this service at no cost. It benefits Scouting with every Amazon purchase you make.
- A $5,000 foundation grant application has been submitted to a philanthropic organization on February 21st toward assisting with the Youth Center campaign. Further grants will be sought.
- Two Rabun property sites have been vetted for the new Center, but RabunYES is awaiting a land gift-offer closer to Clayton. Hopefully by summer a site would be chosen and the deed/title process begun for a 1 to 1.5 acre site.
- RabunYES is expected to present its mission and objectives to Rotary International in Summer 2020.
- A summer communications campaign is in the works with the local radio stations. Stay tuned (literally) for more information concerning this outreach.
A gift of any amount is greatly appreciated, either toward general youth support programs or the Youth Center campaign; checks get made out to “RabunYES” mailed c/o Tom Buckridge, PO Box 283, Clayton, GA 30525.
RabunYES is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, Fed Tax ID 81-3418023 with a State of Georgia Charitable Org Permit # CH014407 at Georgia’s Secretary of State.
Rabun Youth Educational Support, Inc. (aka RabunYES)