- The release of our free on-line tutorial titled “Transitioning to Homeschooling in Georgia” has been wildly successful. Having advertised in The Clayton Tribune for four consecutive weeks and promoted the piece via the Rabun County Library, Facebook & LinkedIn, there have been 375 individuals who have viewed the video. Roughly around 55% of those viewing the tutorial are from Rabun County while most of the rest are from all over the State of Georgia.
- A $500 scholarship was awarded to Madison Echols who has entered North Georgia Technical College for her freshman year. Madison was selected from a pool of fine Rabun County applicants for her leadership and service throughout the county. This annual scholarship may grow in size going forward, much a function of donor interest and commitment.
- RabunYES was declined for a community foundation grant of $5,000 toward the Youth Center project. Funds were instead distributed by the foundation to school districts and other organizations directly in need of assistance during this Covid virus period (understandable). We are always on the lookout for foundation grants which might fit our program goals. Preparation of grant packages require much time and effort, however, RabunYES continues to dedicate resources to doing so.
- The annual Board Meeting will be devoting attention to locating land for the Youth Center. A facility is in discussion with property owners for a potential interim meeting site for youth organizations while the longer-term project effort continues in parallel.
- Over $34,000 to-date has been raised by RabunYES with $27k set aside toward the Youth Center. There have been 33 gifts with a spread of the dollar amounts raise from three sources:
Georgia Corporations 5% Other Tax exempts 3% Individuals 92%
RabunYES has maintained a platinum rating from GuideStar for financial transparency, documentation and governance.
A gift of any amount is greatly appreciated, either toward general youth support programs or the Youth Center campaign; checks get made out to “RabunYES” mailed c/o Tom Buckridge, PO Box 283, Clayton, GA 30525. Of course, the website accepts gifts via its PayPal link easily found on the website’s “donate” page… https://www.rabunyes.org/donate/
RabunYES is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, Fed Tax ID 81-3418023 with a State of Georgia Charitable Org Permit # CH014407 at Georgia’s Secretary of State. RabunYES is also an approved ”AmazonSmile” charity.
Rabun Youth Educational Support, Inc. (aka RabunYES)
Supporting youth education & leadership efforts across our county…including as Chartered organization for both Boy Scout Troop 19 & Cub Scout Pack 6 in Rabun County