As the year 2020 is thankfully behind us, and we look to 2021 as the break-out year from the stubborn virus, RabunYES would like to share with you the metrics we have assembled as of the close of 2020. The data was put together primarily for the tax-exempt org rating service called “GuideStar” where we maintain a Platinum rating.
We thought that having it all in one place for those interested, you might get a sense as to RabunYES’s reach and its work. Numbers don’t tell the whole story, but they are a benchmark for success which we call our “Scoreboard.” The big picture:
1. We continue to reach out to other youth organizations and have contacted Girl Scouts USA at a regional level and most recently are contacting Foxfire to see how we may help them with their initiatives.
2. RabunYES is heavily involved with Scouting BSA and will continue to do so in 2021.
3. The effort to build a Youth Center in Rabun County has far to go. During 2020 it has been a challenge raising capital, but during this new year we are committed to moving the ball forward. While we are still seeking temporary rental space, our mission to own a facility, for all youth groups to use, remains front and center.
4. Another leadership scholarship will be offered this year with the application process published no later than May.
5. On-line course material will be a major focus of this year. While we remain willing to perform in-person group training, the Covid situation may continue to push us into web-based training modules. Then we await the day where we are able to again work with the Rabun County Library.
It’s all good!